Java Developer 2
An active TS/SCI with a polygraph clearance is required to be considered for this position
- Designs, develops, tests, integrates, deploys, and supports/maintains scalable web pages and web services utilizing Java
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Resolves software problem reports
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Works individually and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- 5 years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
- 14 years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government
- Responsive Web Design (Media Queries, Flexible Grids etc..), Linux Shell Scripting, database design, ldap queries, and query optimization is crucial.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, dynamic, small team environment.
- Experience with Node.js, Angular, MongoDB, and MySql are desirable.
- Experience with AWS cloud based deployments is a plus.
- Candidate may be required to respond to after-hours requests as required in a 24 x 7 environment.
Vetegrity is an employee-focused small business, founded in 2008. We are dedicated to supporting the missions of the Intelligence Community and the Department of Defense. Vetegrity is a Service Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits to include:
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) + Federal Holidays
- 401k with Employer Match
- Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flex Spending Account
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Performance Incentives
- On-The-Spot Rewards
Other company sponsored perks include after-hours events, logo apparel, holiday parties, and more!
If you’re interested in learning more about this opportunity and/or Vetegrity, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org